Being a wellpreneur comes with it’s perks. You get to do the work that you love, while making the world a more healthy place, more naturally, one soul at a time.
In order to do so, you need your brand to stand out from the crowd. This can be a daunting task for anyone who hasn’t done the whole “business owner” thing before. I totally get it.
That is why I put together this blog. This can be your go-to list for your branding needs.
So to get started, let’s go over what is involved in a “BRAND”.
Back in the day, your brand was just the typical stuff: logo, slogan, fonts, and colors. The combination of these were considered your brand.
Not so fast.
Today’s branding is quite a bit different than what it used to be. Not only is it your logo, slogan, fonts, and colors, but it’s also your messaging, your voice, your tone, the images you choose to use, where you fit in which “culture”, your niche, and most of all, what customers think of you.
Your brand should:
- Clearly communicate your message
- Confirm your credibility
- Create Loyalty
- Emotionally connect your target clients with your practice.
- Motivate purchases
A smart, stylish and distinctive brand identity will get you noticed, and will attract the right kind of clients your way.
So you know what a brand IS, essentially, now what goes into it?
First is discovering who YOU are. That’s the foundational work that needs to happen prior to even thinking about your visual branding.
To accomplish that, you’ll need to work through these questions:
- What do you do?
- Who is your profitable, or ideal client?
- What do you aim to accomplish from this branding experience?
- What is your motivation to create a new style for your brand?
- What values do you hold in your business?
- What makes you stand above the competition? (What do you do better?)
- What do you want people to know you for?
- How do you want clients to feel when they find your brand?
- How will this new brand represent your vision?
- What would you be doing if there was nothing holding you back, knowing you could not fail?
Now you have your who, what, where, when, why, and how of your brand, your identity, and the future plans of styling your brand. The foundational work is laid out, and next is to create the visual aspects of the brand.
If you’re not comfortable working on creative design pieces for your brand, talk to a professional. There are so many great resources out there.
Here are a few of my favorites:
If you’re hiring a professional, there are several questions to take into account prior to even contacting them:
- Does their style match yours?
- Do you like that they post?
- Do you like their website?
- Do you like their branding?
- Does their portfolio resemble something you’d like to see in your own brand?
- Do you think they would do a good job representing your brand?
Answering these with each designer you find will help you find a close fit for your personality, and your brand.
However, if you ARE comfortable designing for yourself, there are several things for you to take into account when creating you new brand.
Elements included in a solid brand are:
- Your Logo – something instantly recognizable and distinctive that screams YOU
- Your Color Palette – a series of curated colors that accurately represents the mood of your brand
- Illustrations – these add personality and interest to your brand
- Typefaces – your body, headings, and accent fonts that help support your brand identity, and character
- Photography – consistent in your branding, it adds personality to your company, putting a face to the name
- Icons – A set of illustrations that further your brands personality, adding depth to reinforce your brand
- Patterns – adding texture to the brand board, which can be used in your website, in your flyers, or business cards (pretty much anywhere you need an extra splash of your personality)
Each of these could be a post by themselves, so I will leave you with that FOR NOW – we will revisit it at a later date, as this is just your launching point for designing your wellness brand.
Are you nailing down your brand as a wellness expert? It’s quite the task to take on, but with a little time (and possibly financial) investment, you could be on your way to the top of your industry in no time.
There is nothing like a fresh, on-point brand to make you feel confident in your purpose.
Still unsure? Come hang with us in the Wellpreneur Tribe on Facebook
! Every week I go over a topic directly related to improving your wellness business’s website and marketing!